Experience the magic of the Christmas season at the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library at our annual Old World Christmas Market! Shop for specialty imports and handmade gifts by select artisans, stop for seasonal treats, see live music and dance performances, and enjoy free family activities all weekend long. Admission to museum exhibition galleries will also be free! Bring the whole family for one of Cedar Rapids’ best-loved holiday events. Old World Christmas Market is part of Deck the District, a neighborhood holiday celebration!
Old World Christmas Market
Join us for Old World Christmas Market on December 7 and 8, 2019!
Our Market Vendors - Coming Soon
Applications are now open for the 10th Annual Old World Christmas Market at the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library!
Old World Christmas Market requires all vendors to go through the application process and not all applications are accepted, as there are limited booths available.
We try our best to have a unique variety of products and price points, however we cannot guarantee that there will not be a duplication of products.
The NCSML has a Museum Store which may bring in their own vendors which is completely separate from this application process.
- Please fill out the vendor application form by October 16, 2019 (booths will be open until filled).
- You will be notified within 14 business days of acceptance. Further details, rules and instructions will be included in acceptance email.
- Upon acceptance, the vendor fee is due within 10 business days.
- Payment may be made via check to the NCSML or online via credit card using this link.
- Booth spaces will not be reserved until payment is received. No refunds will be given.
Who Should Apply:
We are seeking a wide variety of artisans and good overall retail mix. Vendor items must be handmade by Market vendors, handmade by a cooperative of which the vendor is a member or be selected and imported by the vendor. No multi-level marketing or “home party”-style businesses will be selected.
- Makers and Artisans — We look for emerging and established Makers + Designers that create inspired and original products made with exceptional quality, innovation, and care.
- High Quality Importers– Vendors who select exceptional imports that are in fantastic condition (such as unique ethnic goods).
- Refreshments — Refreshments include food trucks, food stands, and ready-to-serve goods all high quality, exciting and innovating offerings.
- Pre-Packaged Foods — Small batch, quality ingredients with beautiful presentation: Pre-Packaged vendors appeal to attendees looking for high-quality handmade snacks and gifts.
What’s included in participation:
- Your Booth Space — Create your own pop-up shop to showcase and sell your work to an engaged audience! All booths will include: Vendor Signage, 1 table (unless otherwise specified) wastebasket, pipe and drape decoration.
- Inclusion on Website and Facebook — Our website and Facebook event will put your linked site in front of a variety of buyers and shoppers both before and after the Fair.
- Potential Social Media Features – We will handpick vendors to feature on our social media.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues or questions.