Virtual Reality Docent Purpose:
This year marks the 100th anniversary of the formation of Czechoslovakia. The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library will open an original multimedia exhibit that tells the story of Czech and Slovak Legions and the amazing account of their trek via railway across Siberia during World War I. The NCSML has partnered with local high school students to create both a virtual reality bakery train car and a physical replica of a medical and mail car right inside the exhibit! It’s the most epic story you’ve never heard! For more information about the exhibit, go to: https://www.ncsml.org/exhibits/guts-and-glory/
As the Virtual Reality Docent for this exhibit, core job duties include, VR demonstration, instruction, proper handling, and troubleshooting. One key responsibility will be to manage timed tickets for this experience and ensure the virtual reality is an enjoyable and educational experience for each visitor.
- Instruct and facilitate all aspects of the virtual reality experience, including answering any questions relating to the virtual reality experience or exhibition content.
- Operating VR equipment with training and comfortability with the technology.
- Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Smile and greet/thank guests entering and leaving exhibit.
- Manage virtual reality visitor lines and wait times.
- Ensure the safety and cleanness of all equipment.
- Friendly demeanor and enjoys public speaking.
- Prior experience in customer service, teaching/demonstration or other public-facing experience.
- Experience using virtual reality technology or have strong computer technology skills.
- Interest in and willingness to learn WWI or Czech/Slovak history.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Museum experience or education. (desirable)
- Familiarity with VR Technology (desirable)
- Must be able to work at least through the summer
Open now—December 31, 2018
10-20 hours per week
Regular hours between 9am-4:30pm, with occasional evenings. Must also be able to work either Saturday or Sunday weekly.
( Flexible start and end dates)
Please send resume and cover letter to: Lindsay Erhardt-Hansen, Director of Visitor & Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact by phone at 319-362-8500 x203.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com