Part-Time Visitor Services & Print Shop Associate
Position is 5-15 hrs. /week
Direct Supervisor: Director of Visitor & Volunteer Services
The visitor services & print shop associate plays a key role in the NCSML front-of-house operation, greeting visitors and providing excellent customer service to set the tone for successful visitor engagement at the admissions desk and in the print shop. This person is responsible for taking admission tickets, offering store support and museum introduction. In the print shop, responsibilities include facilitating the screen printing process with guests and acting as docent in the gallery when needed. Position requires regular Sunday availability, some weekday availability, and a one-year commitment. Perfect for a College student!
- Part-time, an average of 5-15 hours/week (Regular hours will be between 9:00am-4:30pm on Mon- Sat. and 11:30am-4:30pm on Sunday) Sunday availability required.
- Must have flexibility with schedule and willing to help for special events as needed.
- Must have experience and enjoy working with the public.
- Takes admissions using a Point of Sale system (POS).
- Performs accurate open and close procedures daily for Visitors Services and museum galleries.
- Performs accurate open and close procedures and reporting for POS and bank deposit.
- Maintains a well-informed, working knowledge of NCSML services available to visitors. Effectively shares accurate information on the museum’s mission, history, collections, and exhibits.
- Maintains visitor satisfaction and a high level of visitor engagement, by providing enthusiastic, positive and team-oriented leadership to ensure that guests have an educational and personal experience during their visit to the Museum.
- Responds appropriately to visitor questions, comments, and concerns.
- Will be cross-trained in the museum store and will assist as needed.
- Fill in as Immigrant House tour guide as needed.
- Lead group introductions for group tours and other visitors to the museum.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Facilitate activity in the print shop. Will include working with paint, screens and heat press.
- Experience or high comfort level working with art or art activities.
- Some instruction or teaching/training experience preferred.
- Other duties as required.
Print shop is part of our new exhibit Revolution 1989 for details go to: https://www.ncsml.org/exhibit/revolution-1989
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com