Reports to the Director of Development
One full-time direct report: Marketing Content Specialist
He/she is responsible for developing integrated approaches to marketing that leverage a wide range of traditional, online and emerging techniques. This person will contribute as part of the content team on exhibitions and programs, creating and executing marketing and promotional strategies to reach and engage a broader audience. This person oversees the creation and production of all print and digital collateral materials for the following areas: museum exhibitions, museum programs, museum store, fund development, and event rentals.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to organize, prioritize, multi-task, work well with multidisciplinary staff, vendors and the media, and work efficiently to produce multiple projects on time and on budget. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Create, implement and oversee strategies and timelines for marketing, communications, advertising, media buying, and public relations working within a defined budget.
- Develop, manage and oversee marketing and communications budget.
- Work cross-departmentally with all museum departments.
- Stay current on new marketing tools including traditional media, social media and guerilla marketing.
- Protect and develop the NCSML brand for diverse local, national, and international audiences.
- Produce products on time and on budget, handling multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
- Develop relationships with vendors, sponsors, advertisers and community contacts in order to maximize marketing dollars.
- Craft clear marketing copy for advertising and sales; media releases and promotional materials; content marketing for the NCSML newsletters (print and digital), website and blog.
- Oversee the production of all marketing and communications materials including monthly event calendar, newsletters (print and digital), and regular promotional materials.
- Manage the creation and production of the NCSML’s email communications (3-4 per week) and social media posts (multiple daily).
- Craft effective product marketing materials.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Negotiate media rates, ad buys, and creative media and promotional partnerships.
- Place all NCSML earned media and act as the public relations representative for the organization.
- Oversee photographic/video production and editing.
- Provide monthly marketing and communications reports.
- Oversee the compilation, analysis and evaluation of market data and understand how the NCSML compares to industry trends and best practices.
- Conduct ongoing visitor research to analyze customers’ behavior (e.g. purchasing habits, trends and preferences) and prepare reports by collecting and analyzing data.
- Conduct market research to determine best use of marketing resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong writing skills, specifically strong copy and content marketing writing skills
- Proven ability to innovate, and to lead the creative process
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal under time constraints
- Excellent project management and decision-making skills
- Prioritizes to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and implement an integrated marketing and communications plan
- Excellent interpersonal skills; individual must be personable and diplomatic in working with diverse constituency and staff
- Proven experience using best practices in marketing (including related technology), public relations, graphic design, internet marketing, and printing industry
- Budget development and monitoring experience
- Proven management/supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional marketing and communications experience
- Management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel; Adobe Creative Suite, and social media tools
- Commitment to a team approach
- Excellent language and editing skills
- Graphic design, photography, and video editing skills a plus
- Prior experience with product marketing a plus
- Prior experience with event marketing a plus
About the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library (NCSML)
For more than 40 years, the NCSML has collected preserved and interpreted the stories of Czechs and Slovaks. In the beginning, our audience was relatively small, mostly local and composed primarily of visitors with Czech or Slovak heritage. Now a national museum with international standing, our audience has become much more diverse. In recognition of our shifting demographics, the NCSML is positioning itself as a place where anyone from anywhere can appreciate the stories, experiences and contributions of Czechs and Slovaks. It is a place to celebrate cultural diversity and have fun; and it is a place to dig deep. In learning about others, we hope visitors will learn about themselves, and make connections to important contemporary issues.
Mission: Inspire people from every background to connect to Czech and Slovak history and culture.
Vision: We are a museum that celebrates life. Czech life. Slovak life. American life. We are a museum that encourages self-discovery; a museum that asks what it means to be free. Through extraordinary exhibitions and experiences, we tell stories of freedom and identity, family and community, human rights and dignity. Our stories connect yesterday with today and tomorrow.
The NCSML is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Director of Development
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org