Exhibit Docent Internship
March 16th– Sept. 20th 2020
Start/End dates are flexible: 5-20 hours/week, unpaid
The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library is seeking an exhibit intern who will act as docent (gallery attendant), and assist with tours of our temporary exhibit; Artists as Activists. This exhibit features artwork from artists who are responding to political oppression through their work. Ideal candidate will have experience or background in art/art history, museum studies, political science or social justice and enjoy working with groups. During slow times, interns will assist with museum research for our programs, curatorial, collections and education teams. Students must obtain school credit or work study for their internship.
- Safe guard art in the exhibit.
- Engage with visitors and answer questions as needed.
- During slow times, assist with online research.
- Ability to learn about artwork and become a subject matter expert.
- Assist with tours of the exhibit for school groups and the public as needed. (training will be provided)
- Education or experience working in a museum
- Experience or interest in learning about contemporary art/activism
- Experience or interest in doing online research
- Excellent customer services skills
- Must be able to work Saturday or Sunday
- Must be able to work between 9:30am-4pm.
For more information about he exhibit go to: https://www.ncsml.org/exhibit/artists-as-activists/
Please send resume and cover letter to: Lindsay Erhardt-Hansen, Director of Visitor & Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact by phone at 319-362-8500 x203.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com