BrewNost Fundraising Intern
May-September 2019 (Start date is flexible)
Up to 15 hours/week
The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library’s (NCSML) is seeking an intern to help fundraise for the annual fundraiser BrewNost, an international beer festival to benefit the educational mission of the NCSML. BrewNost will host it’s 16th year on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019 from 5:30-9:30 p.m. The main goal is to assist with event needs and collect silent auction donations to aid in raising funds for BrewNost. The BrewNost Fundraising Intern will also plan the majority of the Patron Party on Thursday, August 29, 2019 at the Gilded Pear Gallery. The Patron Party is the pre-BrewNost thank you event for Sponsors and VIPs. The internship dates are flexible, but the intern must be present the day of the event, and ideally could help with post-event needs 2-weeks following the event. This internship is great for anyone who aspires to work in fundraising/fundraising events. The intern will report directly to the Development & Fundraising Events Manager.
BrewNost Fundraising Intern Duties:
- Work with Development & Fundraising Events Manager to identify and collect silent auction items.
- Track donations and keep list up to date.
- Plan and execute the Patron Party.
- Assist in social media initiatives.
- Attend NCSML & community events to advertise for BrewNost and sell raffle tickets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interest in fundraising/ fundraising events
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel and Facebook marketing
- Must be outgoing and have great communications skills
- Must have evening and weekend availability
- Provide valid Iowa driver’s license and transportation
- Must be able to work event Friday, Sept. 20, 2019 *Full day prep + event
- Free admission to the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
- 2 free museum passes for friends or family
- Museum store discount
- Attend Intern Appreciation Week at the NCSML, *Lunch provided
- Schedule is flexible and some work from home opportunities possible
Please send resume and cover letter to: Becky Robinson at email@example.com Contact by phone at 319-362-8500
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org