Art Education Summer Intern (PART-TIME)
The NCSML is debuting a Berlin Wall replica this spring in honor of the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall. We will be encouraging the public to paint on this Berlin wall each day at the museum. The Art Education Summer Intern will assist the public in painting the wall and educate them throughout the process.
- Educate oneself about street art, communist history, and public art.
- Engage with visitors in the exhibition and assist guests with painting the wall outside. The Art Education Summer Intern will have a variety of tools including stencils so the position does not require technical art skill.
- Keep demographic data about the public participants and will be asked to present this data to staff at the end of the Berlin Wall installation in November.
- If needed, this person will also assist in the summer screen-printing workshop.
- Excellent public speaking skills, Outgoing, comfortable speaking in front of groups of people.
- Outgoing personality to recruit museum visitors to participate in art making
- Passion for the arts or willingness to learn about art and history
- Superior customer service skills, comfortable working with children and the public.
- Able to stand for long periods
- Must be available to work regular weekends
- 10-20 hours per week, starting April 28-August. Schedule: 11:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. daily. Compensation: $10 per hour.
- Free Admission to Museum Galleries
- 2 Free Passes to share with friends or family
- Museum Store Discount
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
Attn: Sarah Henderson, Email: email@example.com
1400 Inspiration Place SW Fax: 319-363-2209
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org