Join the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library at noon on December 10 for a Facebook live-stream telethon to help us finish out an eventful year! Our lineup of entertainment includes the following:
• An exclusive look at a cooking class led by Chef Tom Slepicka, who has been leading our virtual cooking class series Immigrant Foodways. It will be a feast for your eyes!
• Curator Stefanie Kohn will give a behind-the-scenes walk-through of Artists as Activists. This exhibit, which closed in September, featured artists responding to political and cultural oppression through their work.
• We’ll talk to our Director of Outreach and Innovation, Teresa Stenstrup, about the future of our museum programs.
• Our Director of the Museum Store, Sarah Jane Wick, will show all that our national award-winning museum store has to offer this season.
• Library Director Dave Muhlena will give a brief presentation about the history of the NCSML.
2020 has been one of the most trying years in recent memory. From the global pandemic to the derecho that devastated Iowa, we have all been through a lot. Despite the challenges, we were able to launch a new online cooking class series, international Lunch & Learn discussions, and our Museum Store was named the national Museum Store of the Year. We plan to continue our efforts in 2021 with an expanded our digital presence, including more online and live-streamed content focused on our excellent exhibits and programs. Your financial gift will make our plans reality.
Mark your calendars and join us at noon on Thursday, December 10. With your help, Our Sun Will Shine Bright Again!