The NCSML recently completed an online “See Inside” tour for Google Maps. The tour allows anyone on a computer, tablet, or smartphone to take a virtual stroll through the museum’s store, rental space, permanent exhibit, library, and more! The entire tour, beginning with the front entrance, can be viewed by clicking here. Here are eight of our favorite shots from the tour!
1. Grand Hall and our beautiful preciosa chandelier.
2. The Museum Store’s Christmas ornament display. These are among the most popular items the store carries.
3. The 1964 Tatra on display in our permanent exhibit, Faces of Freedom.
4. Our rotating kroje collection, also on display in our permanent exhibit, Faces of Freedom.
5. The interior of the 1800s Sleger Immigrant Home. This one-and-a-half story house was the home of five generations of the Sleger family beginning in the 1890s through 1984 after they emigrated from Bohemia to the United States.
6. Aisles and aisles of books related to Czech and Slovak history and culture in the Skala Bartizal Library.
7. Our indoor, underground, climate-controlled parking garage. When the NCSML was moved and lifted after the flood of 2008, a parking garage was added for museum guests.
8. The gorgeous WFLA/ZCBJ Heritage Hall. Rental events ranging from corporate meetings and weddings, to speakers and book signings are held in this space.