Dear Friends of the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library,
It is quiet at the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library. We aren’t welcoming group tours, hosting school field trips, and opening new exhibits. Instead, the steps of the employees working on site echo in the halls while others labor diligently at home.
Closing our doors to keep staff, volunteers, members, visitors, and community safe during to the COVID-19 pandemic was the right thing to do, but the action is not without consequence. Not only are we missing the joy of serving our community directly, we are losing an estimated $2,700 per day in operational income.
We are not alone in this, which is why NCSML is proud to join GivingTuesday on Tuesday, May 5, for #GivingTuesdayNow. #GivingTuesdayNow is an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. This new global day of giving and unity hopes to mobilize the world through giving.
Here are 5 ways YOU can help NCSML on May 5:
- Renew your NCSML membership or purchase a membership for someone else.
- Order a Heritage Garden paver to honor a loved one.
- Show pride in your heritage and your Museum by buying a Czech/Slovak Strong T-shirt commemorating Covid-19.
- Engage with us on Facebook and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube
- Give a donation to the NCSML. Any amount helps!
We are living in a pivotal moment of history and need your assistance to make sure we are ready for whatever the new normal brings. We cannot stop preserving the past, celebrating the present (on hold), and truly creating the future. Your support will help reduce the impact of this closure, and speed our recovery once we are clear to invite our audiences and visitors back. Until then, stay safe, stay healthy, and stay #CRStrong.