(Volunteer Services Focus)
Regular hours are between 8:30-5pm.
Must be able to work regular Saturdays and occasional evenings.
+/- 30 hours per week.
Direct Supervisor: Director of Visitor & Volunteer Services
The Visitor & Volunteer Services Coordinator with a volunteer focus, plays a key role in the NCSML front-of-house operations and leads in customer service standards, as well as sets the tone for visitor & volunteer engagement within the department. Join a talented and dedicated team of museum professionals and work for an organizations with a strong mission and community impact!
Volunteer Services Focus & Special Assignments:
- Lead daily volunteer stand-up meetings for volunteer updates.
- Assists and takes lead as assigned with volunteer recruitment, scheduling and volunteer program planning and development.
- Assist with and sit on Volunteer Appreciation planning committee.
- Assist in monthly Guild meetings and lead as directed by supervisor.
- Attend monthly Guild board meetings as assigned.
- Takes a lead on collection of visitor data, its entry & analysis.
- Work cross-departmentally to create and maintain up-to-date information and calendar of events for the Grand Hall visitor information slideshow.
- Info Desk attendant, MOD as scheduled, and support Front-of-House operations and Museum Store.
- Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of NCSML services available to visitors. Effectively share accurate information on the museum’s mission, history, collections, and exhibits.
- Oversee the dissemination of information to visitors (i.e. maps, brochures, visitor guides, etc.)
- Maintains visitor satisfaction and a high level of visitor engagement, by providing enthusiastic, positive and team-oriented leadership to ensure that guests have an educational and personal experience during their visit to the Museum.
- Maintain inventory and ensure that front of house is well maintained and stocked with brochures and other informational materials at info desk and brochure racks.
- Maintain and update the Visitor & Volunteer Services Department information binder.
- Take admissions and public program fees using a Point of Sale system and online ticketing.
- Answers and field calls to appropriate staff members.
- Respond appropriately to visitor questions, comments, and concerns. Communicate visitor feedback using appropriate channels and work cross departmentally to ensure follow through.
- Fill in as Immigrant House tour guide as needed and assist with seasonal resets.
- Lead group introductions for group tours and other visitors to the museum. May also assist with booking of groups and group tours in to Sales Pro booking system.
- Perform accurate open and close procedures daily for Visitors Services and museum galleries.
- Perform accurate open and close procedures and reporting for POS and bank deposit.
- Work as a department team to keep open, close and daily checklists up-to-date.
- Assist in orientation and training of visitor services staff and volunteers as indicated by supervisor.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
* Job responsibilities may adjust accordingly, based on the needs of the museum and the unique skills sets of the individual employee.
- Museum experience or museum education background preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with volunteers or in a non-profit setting.
- Ideal candidate will have experience using POS systems and familiar with Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, a plus.
- Must enjoy working with the public and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to independently and have the ability to multi-task.
For more information about the NCSML and what we do, go to NCSML.org.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and three references to Director of Visitor & Volunteer Services, Lindsay Erhardt-Hansen: email@example.com. Position open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org