Summer 2018 (Start date is flexible)
Up to 20 hours/week (flexible)
The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library is seeking a marketing and digital content intern to assist the Marketing and Communications Department in telling NCSML stories and to help implement ongoing campaigns. These include the promotion of museum exhibitions, programs, events, and store sales. The intern will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and will work with other members of the NCSML staff as assigned.
- Write content for NCSML social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), and blog posts and other content for the NCSML.org web site.
- Engage in the research and interviewing (reporting) needed to write NCSML content.
- Take photos of events, people, programs, activities as needed to accompany the written NCSML content.
- Write news releases and other material for the news media.
- Submit NCSML content to certain online publications and calendars.
- Take initiative and be enterprising in discovering NCSML stories worth telling
- Strong skills in writing and editing informational and persuasive text and stories
- Proficiency in preparing content to be posted on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Experience writing for web sites
- Basic to intermediate photography shooting and editing skills
- Understanding of how best to use various social media platforms and ability to suggest social media strategies.
- Basic video shooting and editing skills
- Ability to suggest innovative and effective marketing and promotional strategies and activities
- Free Admission to Museum Galleries
- 2 Free Passes to share with friends or family
- Museum Store Discount
- Be recognized during Intern Appreciation Week at the NCSML in July 2018 with lunch provided
Please send resume and cover letter to: Lindsay Erhardt-Hansen, Director of Visitor & Volunteer Services at email@example.com. Contact by phone at 319-362-8500 x203.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org