The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library (NCSML)—a non-profit, mission-based cultural organization—is the nation’s foremost institution collecting, preserving, and interpreting Czech and Slovak history and culture. Our strategic focus is on human rights, family, community, and culture—and we seek to increase our social impact by becoming more embedded in the communities we serve. Our goal is for every NCSML visitor and constituent to have an experience that promotes an understanding of their connections to the world and to each other.
The NCSML seeks a Marketing Content Specialist to work as part of its Marketing and Communications team. This team member will plan, create, and design content for social media, the web, printed publications, marketing emails, and other print and online marketing materials. The primary focus of this role will be to use best practices in content marketing and digital and graphic design to help tell the NCSML’s story to diverse audiences locally, nationally, and globally. The team requires a candidate who is an experienced graphic designer, an entrepreneurial social media communicator, and a hands-on web content manager who has demonstrated overall communications proficiency and the ability to collaborate across functional teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Produce effective multimedia content including graphics, ads, social media posts, web content, and other digital media content.
- Design and produce visual content for digital and print platforms (layout design), marketing materials, and materials to promote and support events.
- Work across internal teams to coordinate content creation and distribution.
- Produce detailed social media analysis.
- Manage Google Analytics and/or other site monitoring systems to inform website strategies to improve site navigation and SEO.
- With the guidance of the Director of Marketing and Communications, manage social media channels and e-marketing campaigns including engagement, social listening, paid advertising placements, and performance measurements.
- Meet work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve operational issues and challenges.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Train others in the best uses of social, web-based, and other online media.
- Coordinate, recruit, and curate user-generated content on all platforms.
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 1 year of digital design experience
- 1 year of graphic design experience (online and layout for print)
- 1 year of social media management experience
- Demonstrated experience using industry-standard design tools—e.g., Adobe Creative Suite—to do layout design
- Experience with website content management systems (CMS), especially WordPress, search engine optimization (SEO), and web analytics tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic HTML
- Experience with direct e-mail content marketing programs such as Constant Contact
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, stay organized, and attend to details
- Fluency with social media platforms, new digital communication technologies, and tracking tools
- Ability to be a team-player who can consistently meet deadlines, sometimes with short lead times
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and confidence when facing new and complex challenges
- Knowledge and experience in professional-level photography for print and online media.
- Ability to write original text for a variety of marketing communications pieces, and to edit/proofread text drafted by others.
- Familiarity with and some experience in creative concepting, shooting, editing, and producing video content for use in online channels.
The search will continue until the position is filled. Compensation is commensurate with experience. A benefit package is also included.
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating interest, résumé, the contact information for three professional references, and a link to an online portfolio of work samples via email to:
Director of Marketing and Communications
National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org