Position: Event Staff
Hours per Week: Varies
Starting Wage/Salary: $8.25
Job Description: Event Staff personnel assist with all activities related to executing events and are responsible for providing excellent customer service to clients and guests. The NSCML is a premier event venue with a fantastic reputation. PT Event Staff play a crucial role in the success of events while gaining skills in the event management field.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Setting up facilities for events including chairs, tables, linens, stage, dance floor, A/V equipment, glassware, silverware, and other amenities according to the supervisor’s direction.
- Maintaining a clean facility: clearing, washing, vacuuming, cleaning the bar areas, and sweeping and mopping as needed.
- Serving beverages in a timely manner if bartending.
- Tearing down after events, which includes putting away tables and chairs, vacuuming and sweeping, and taking out trash.
- Communicating clearly with manager on duty and other Event Staff to ensure consistency of services and the highest quality of operation.
- Arrive on time and dressed accordingly for events and event set-ups.
- Other event tasks as needed.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Hours are flexible. Most events take place on evenings and weekends and set-ups take place during the day. We need staff with a variety of schedules in order to accommodate the varying event schedule.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Able to lift at least at least 50 lbs. including tables, chairs, etc.
- Friendly and personable. Excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to work well around a large number of people.
- Bartending skills desired, but not required. Must be 18 to bartend.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include available hours
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com