Using the Library
Library Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
As the Skala Bartizal Library is non-circulating, all materials must be used within the library. To maximize research time and ensure safety of the materials, please read the following guidelines for using the library.
Researchers are highly encouraged to contact the library prior to their visit and discuss their research needs with library staff. Preliminary research may be done by browsing the online catalog and viewing our Collections page.
Guidelines for using the Skala Bartizal Library:
- Library visitors may be asked to place their belongings (including coats and bags) in a locker.
- All visitors are welcome to browse the shelves in the reading room.
- Researchers will be asked to fill out a research registration form before using materials from the limited-access area.
- Materials in the limited-access area must be requested by the researcher. These materials will be retrieved by library staff and brought to the researcher.
- Use care when handling materials. Please do not write on, lean on, fold, or alter materials.
- When using archival materials, use only one box/folder at a time. Materials within a box and folder must be kept in their original arrangement.
- Consult library staff before making duplications or reproductions of materials.
- The library may or may not own the rights to images held in our collection. Researchers are responsible for obtaining permission to use images for publication. Researchers are encouraged to cite materials used in publications.
- Light cell phone usage is permitted, but please be respectful of other library users.
- No food or drink is allowed in the library.