The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library is located at 1400 Inspiration Place SW, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404 in the heart of Czech Village. Directions
The NCSML was accredited by the American Alliance of Museums in November of 2008.
We inspire people from every background to connect to Czech and Slovak history and culture.
We are a museum that celebrates life. Czech life. Slovak life. American life. We are a museum that encourages self-discovery, a museum that asks what it means to be free. Through extraordinary exhibitions and experiences, we tell stories of freedom and identity, family and community, human rights and dignity. Our stories connect yesterday with today and tomorrow.
The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library is dedicated to achieving its mission with the highest quality and integrity, guided by the following values and principles:
• We believe engagement in history and culture informs and empowers a free civil society.
• We recognize ancestral heritage is important to people in defining their place in history and the world.
• We honor those who immigrated to America and contributed their hard work, skill and vision to the formation of our nation.
• We respect the people of the Czech and Slovak Republics who struggled for national identity.
• We commit to the ethical interpretation and presentation of factually correct and well-balanced views in exhibits and programming.
• We embrace life-long learning.
• We aspire to the highest museum and library standards in our care of collections and operations.
• We resolve to effectively use resources with integrity and accountability.